I don't have anything specific today, I'm just astounded by the fact I actually get a few minutes to myself to blog tonight! :)
I'm not feeling good & neither is the rest of my family, so hopefully we'll be feeling a bit better by the weekend. I cannot believe how CLOSE to Christmas we are, can you? It is SO crazy. I am VERY proud to say that I got all of Tim's shopping done online (last week) AND tonight Haylee & I went to a couple of different stores. I always say he's SO hard to shop for, but really not so. He's pretty easy (as long as he doesn't buy it for himself first! Happens alot!). It took us maybe an hour, granted I had it all in mind what I wanted to get him. I think he will be getting like 2 things he actually asked for, which is pretty good since I usually just get him per his request. We decided to get a little creative this year. I won't put what I got him in case he reads my blog. :) Just in case, I doubt he does! ;) I love you anyway honey!
Anyway, that was pretty brave of us both to take Haylee since she IS the blabber mouth, but it was a lot of fun all in all. She is pretty entertaining if I do say so myself. For instance (and I already told Tim this story, I couldn't help not to!) ~ we were at Target tonight looking at CD's and DVD's and trying to have Haylee pick something out herself for Tim. She grabbed a Jay-Z CD (totally not Tim's style, but all the funnier!) & said "I think Daddy would like this" and I said no, I don't think so and she says "Why because he says YO, YO, YO!". Ha ha! She said Yo Yo Yo in her most "rapper" voice. It totally cracked me up right in the middle of Target. Gosh, I LOVE this little girl! I hope she stays this funny, even in her teenage years. ;)
I had two of my girlfriends come with me to my house for lunch this afternoon (they are co-workers of mine) and they wanted to see Miley again. They saw her the week after we got her and she was tiny. They thought she has gotten SO big. I took her out of her cage/bed & they were petting her and SHE PEED ON ME. LOL! She peed on me! What the heck man?! :) I was not impressed, but they thought it was funny. Oh well, ha ha!
I'm finally feeling like my TO DO list is dwindling down (thank goodness!) -- so we're having a few people over this Saturday. I'm hoping during the day we can go to our church to pass out the Hope for the Holidays Christmas presents! I guess last year was CRAZY ridiculous with a row full of bikes they passed out amongst all of the gifts of the people who "adopted" families. I am HOPING to bring Haylee so she can get a feel of the less fortunate. I am really trying to help her understand, I think she gets it a little. The other day in the car Tim & I were trying to explain that some people are homeless. She was real quiet and then she saw an elderly man dressed in a red flannel long sleeved shirt and jeans walking down the sidewalk and she goes "Oh, like him? He doesn't have a home?". It was cute! Tim and I giggled, but I guess it's sort of hard to explain to her at this age. :) So to actually go & hand out the gifts might be a good thing for her. I'm trying to teach her that not EVERY kid has a big tv with a thousand DVDs and CDs and a toy box full of toys, or even their OWN bed. I am very desperately trying to teach her NOT to be SO materialistic, as SO many kids out here are. It's really disturbing to me how one namebrand or something can mean SO much to someone (not bashing namebrands, I wear them and I buy them for Haylee...but we don't need them to survive, know what I mean?) but when others have NOTHING and that is ALL you worry about, there's an issue. Anyway....off a beaten path here, but I hope we get to do that on Saturday. :)
Ok I think I'm going to go now & warm up. It's a cold 50 here and inside the house feels COLD (must be the hard floors) -- but I'm sitting here on the rug next to our NICE fire place! Yay! Praise God for that! :) Well I guess it could be worse, Liz texted me that it's 29 in Idaho! WOWSERS!




2 comments:
Yeah...29 is sure cold! But that was a couple of hours ago so it is much colder now! Thank goodness for mother-in-laws and electric blankets! (she hooked us up!)
Ok...I laughed so hard about the whole YO YO YO thing that I bet the neighbor heard me!!!!!!!! That girl says some of the funniest things sometimes! Can't wait to tell Al!
Well...Max peed on me one time...but we were no where close to home so I had to wear it for the day...now that sucked!
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Love,
Liz
I know what you mean about the name brand ( I like them too) but I that is one of my issues with G is that he focuses on name brand stuff with clothes. He likes what we get him, but always talks about different brands that are his favorite and how he LOVES the Mall.
So my goal is to teach him that life is NOT about name brand clothes and we should be thankful for the clothes we have. I don't even let Chelsea pick the name brand SHE wants. It's just not a priority in our house. You know?
Sounds cold there. It's about the same here. We have been down in the 30's at NIGHT! Burrr.....but I love it!
Hope you guys get to feeling better. I sure know how it is to be sick, it isn't fun at all!!
Enjoy the Holiday's now that your list of things to do has went down! Good Job!
Brandy
Post a Comment