Things are going great! Sorry I haven't really been into posting on the blog lately. I think I'm going to do it more at work when I've got down time or during lunch. :o) Just have more time to do it there!
Tonight we visited the HOUSE! Thanks Todd and Ann for giving us the garage code. ;o) We are WAY excited to get in there and decorate and make things our own. It's the biggest house Tim and I have ever lived in. I think we're going to get swallowed up in there, we have a lot of furniture for our CONDO, but in this house I think we're going to have to do some shopping in the next few years. ;o) Yay! I took ALOT of pictures too so that I can remember what it looks like and think of where we would like to put the furniture before we move in. Yea...we are freaky like that. :o) I may put some pics up tomorrow at work. I'm really TRYING not to sit online all night -- Tim is missing me and so is my Haylee!
I need for everyone to pray for a decision we need to make. I know it SOUNDS so silly to you maybe, but this is huge for me. Emotionally. Haylee has grown SO close, SO fast to her YMCA and Kindergarten that she's in now. BUT, Tim and I are talking about it that it MIGHT be a better decision to move her NOW versus later. I tear up just thinking about it. I moved so much as a kid and sorry Mom but I hated it - especially the getting to know new people and I was SO SO SO shy (although, Haylee is not). Haylee adapts fairly easily to her surroundings, although she's a little timid about this move. I've talked to her about it and she doesn't seem so sure. So can you please pray about this decision for us? What would YOU do? I could keep her here at her current school and move her this summer (for the summer program) to the new school and she can enter the new school in 1st grade. I'm really not sure what to do....it'll add about 15 more minutes to my mornings and evenings, which I don't mind if it's for the betterment of Haylee! :o) At the same time, if it would be easier to move her sooner than later, I'm for that too. I just hate the idea of tearing her away from all her little FRIENDS and the wonderful TEACHERS she's already growing to love. It BREAKS my heart seriously. I hate thinking of it.
Well...it's 10:18pm and I'm tired! Tim makes fun of me for going to bed so early, but goodness, I wake up between 5:30-6am as it is! It is also allergy season again...with the change of seasons! It's very chilly and FALL-ish weather now, yipeeeeee! I love fall.




2 comments:
Hi Mel,
I think if it were one of my kids, if the school will let you, I would probably keep her at the school she's at now until she's use to her new home. That's going to be a big change already. Then next year when her classmates will change somewhat anyway, move her to her new school. Maybe by then she will have some new little friends in her new neighborhood. I can relate to this, in a way, because when Sean was going into second grade our school boundary lines changed and he had to attend a different school after being there 2 years. It is hard, but kids make new friends pretty fast. Oh yeah, and I love fall too.
Love, Aunt Teresa
OK, I just read the other comment, and I have to say the opposite... Brady came home just yesterday all excited about "the new boy" they have in his class. Knowing that you are going through this, I drilled him for info. :0) Sounds to me like new boy= instant popularity. Miss Haylee probably makes friends with kids she meets at the playground, right? She can do this. Better now than later, imo.
Happy Fall!!!
Post a Comment