we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

Feels new

I like how one of my other friends put it on her blog. New beginnings. :o) That was this morning..and another 1st for us! Today was Haylee's 1st day of Kindergarten. This morning I woke up at 530AM. I am crazy. I couldn't sleep very well last night. I guess the whole anticipation of it all! Haylee woke up around 6AM! She was a little crabby but then I started talking about Kindergarten and she was EXCITED. I was nervous. LOL!

We got to her school VERY early, mainly because she LOST her name tag that she is supposed to wear ALL WEEK. I think she lost it between the time Tim left her at Kindergarten orientation and going to YMCA. I asked the lady at the Y and apparently she didn't see it last night when they cleaned. My guess is they either threw it away or it's in another Y building. ::sigh:: So when I dropped her off at her class (like I'm NOT supposed to...just supposed to go to the blue gate, but ALL of the new kindergarten parents went in, hee hee!) - I told her teacher about the missing name tag. She didn't look too happy. I hope she gets a new one or I hope YMCA finds it. Great way to start off Kindergarten, ha ha! I told her today she NEEDS to learn how to keep up with her stuff. I have a feeling she's going to lose a lot of things this year! Acck!

I will post pictures on Haylee's blog of her 1st day of Kindergarten. She was beyond excited. We met her best friend, Natalie there and her Mom, Rosie. I actually DIDN'T cry, can you believe it?! Well I teared up a little as I was walking to my car, but with all of the comotion and excitement of the kids, I just had my mind on other things! I've had my share of cries though, trust me. :o) I did tear up a little in the car on the drive to work though. The guy on the radio station I was listening to said "today is the 1st day of school for many of the districts. my heart goes out to you if you have a brand new Kindergartener going to school this year, I know that can be very hard on parents" and my eyes welled up with tears! Silly me. She was so happy, making it SO easy to let her go. I admire my Haylee. She is so STRONG and seems to be forming a truly outgoing personality. Who would've thought!

Ok...got to go for now. :o) Pictures on Haylee's blog tonight!
Love,
Mel♥
PS. Oh! And Haylee's 1st Soccer game is on Saturday!! Cool that her Uncle Eric gets to go. :o)

2 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Ok, well, I am crying for you just reading this! LOL! Oh Melissa, I could just picture you in that car driving away. When you are a mother, you just know another mother's heart and I just know how you were feeling. So happy for her, that she is gaining so much confidence and becoming so outgoing, but just wanting to scoop her up and keep her your little girl forever. She will be though. She will always need her mommy!
What a bummer about the name tag. I could picture tha teacher looking at you when you said she didn't look too happy. I am sure she is not the first one that missplaced her nametag. I can't wait to see the pictures. I will keep checking tonight!
Here is to a great start to kindergarten and new beginnings!
And just a great year ahead for you guys with moving and everything.
I bet you sleep good tonight and you will never have to go through a first day of kindergarten again! It is over with. A milestone for all of us moms that have been there and know just how you felt today!
Love you and HUGS,
Mrs. Jones

Mindy said...

I just can't imagine how you must have felt when you left. I can't. It's so hard that our sweet children are growing up and getting all big on us:-( You are such an amazing mom and I am hoping and praying that this year holds many amazing things for all of you!
Many Hugs

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers