i was just thinking {and there i go again} tonight, pondering on the stages of life and friends and family and how they function and fit into your life throughout the years. i know, i'm odd that way, i really do think so very randomly. one minute i will be talking about free slurpee friday {which is THIS friday by the way at your local 7-Eleven!} and the next minute i'll switch it up and talk about hair. it's just how my mind thinks and functions. lol!
anyway...just thinking. my friends and i were talking about it today a little at lunch, what is considered a 'normal' life? i mean things happen throughout your life and good or bad you take it and make it work and you get through those things, but what is really considered normal? i think that a lot of times - and this is coming from my experience of parenting thus far - you really try to do what you think is right. but what if what you think is right, isn't really right? what if there was a better way? what if one small {or large} decision could change your child's outcome on life forever? i know for a fact {speaking as an individual who has been through some things in life and speaking as a parent who ponders on these things with my own child} that one decision can change a life/lifestyle forever.
i think that is what really scares me MOST about being a parent. i think it is a factor that hinders me from wanting more kids. i know i am being blatantly honest on here and probably pretty vulnerable but it's true. i cringe at the thought that my IMPERFECTIONS can affect another human beings life. forever. isn't it a scary thought, if you analyze it even for a little bit? or am i reading too much into it {i often do}. i know that sometimes i struggle trying to be the best parent i can be, but what if it's not good enough? i know that it also depends on the child, but i really believe it stems from the roots {parenting}.
anyway...i was also thinking how crazy it is how our friends {and family} affect our lives and our everyday decisions. if you hang around negative people and dwell on the not so important things in life, that is what you'll also end up doing. if you stick with the more positive crowd, you will most likely be a happier, brighter person. am i wrong here? i don't think so. ;) i know that just by being at work if ONE person comes in with the slightest attitude, it can actually bring MY presence down also. i could've been more chipper than a little birdie but one person can drag me down faster than anything. misery loves company i guess it is true. i try to steer clear of those people though {but sometimes i am that person, ha!}.
i'm in deep thought tonight for some reason. i guess i look around and wonder why people do the things they do and act they way they do and even run their companies the way they do...i'm not sure i could do it better, i'm just saying it's weird how different we all are. we are all so much a like, yet very different. :) unique. in every way.
i guess i just needed to get that out of my head. goodnight.




3 comments:
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. It would be nice if we lived closer and could hang out. I feel that our lunch wasn't really long enough to really get to know each other! Maybe sometime soon, if we ever get to Disneyland.
I love hearing about your thoughts. I think you are worrying too much about the parenting thing. Don't take me wrong, I think parents should step back and take a look at how they are parenting, but if you spend all your time analyzing your parenting, then you miss all the great things in life. Life is too short to analyze, just go with it and have fun and teach Haylee the best you can.
I think you are a great mommy and you can just hear it in your blog. You truly care for her well-being and want the best for her. There should be more parents out there like you! You are teaching Haylee how to be a great parent by example. I think you are doing an awesome job!
We all have our doubts as parents, but we just do the best we can do and pray for rest.
Thanks for sharing! I love hearing your thoughts about stuff.
Love ya!
Brandy
I meant "pray for the rest".
I should proof-read before I hit the button!
I agree with Brandy. I think parenting is trial and error. I know I am very aware of the things my parents did that I am trying not to do with Madeline but I am sure there are other things that I don't even know about she will tell me about when she is older that I did. LOL! I think the key is the love and caring you give her. She knows you love her and that is what matters. She always has that. We provide the base and they grow from that. I love your blog. :-)
Post a Comment