So life has taken on a whole new meaning to me recently. I will not go into any details just to protect the person I am talking about because some of you know her. But a friend of mine is going through some potentially huge life changes/events. It is really eye opening for me personally because this person and I are a lot alike in many ways {in a lot of ways we are different though too}. It’s just a matter of one little wave and your course of life could change entirely. In a way that scares the crap out of me. I am not one to take and accept small disruptions in life’s everyday schedule. I’m pretty much a “by the book” person and if it’s not written in my planner and it happens…well it throws me off a bit.
I could not imagine living life a different way or in a different place or with a different person or anything other than what I am doing now next week. Meaning…it must be planned out. Not that I have my whole life mapped out…sometimes I don’t even know what I’m doing tomorrow. But for the most part, I feel like the priorities {what I deem priorities that is} are pretty much planned or in the process of being planned out.
I think this is sometimes where my human nature goes wrong. Things don’t always go as planned. I’ve come to find that out and sometimes I learn the hard way {sometimes it’s the only way I seem to learn, unfortunately}. So what happens then? I don’t know how people do it without God. He’s really the only way I could ever get through huge life changing events. It must be a lonely, nerve wrecking {not that it’s not nerve wrecking WITH Him at times, when human nature tries to battle and take over…but failing endlessly} – anyway, it must be hard. Luckily my friend HAS God. She is so much stronger than people give her credit for and so much stronger than most people will ever know. But I know.
Ironically enough, her strength and belief and faith {in her desperate hour} has really drawn me close to the things that matter a lot to me. I find myself wanting to do things differently, thinking differently, walking in a different light. She probably doesn’t know this but it’s true. I want SO much to save her from what she is going through and find myself just crying for her because she’s in so much pain. I think sometimes I am way too sympathetic in that way. I think it’s great that I CAN sympathize but sometimes I just worry so much about that person…not healthy for me. I’m a little sad in a way that this person is having to deal with all of the things she has. To me, she has never had a “break” in life from her childhood on up to her adult life. God is going to grow her in so many ways though, He has made her weathered and broken for a reason. If you think about it, please just pray for her. I know she could use as much as she can get.
Thanks for reading…




1 comment:
If life could only come out the way we predict it... I guess it wouldn't feel as rewarding when the good things happen to us and we wouldn't learn how to become a better person from the difficult times in our lives.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend who is facing a tough challenge right now. You have such a great heart and empathy for those around you. I think that's what makes you such a great friend (not to mention wife and mom).
I know with her faith in God, your friend will be able to get through this. It's that faith that led her to good people like you.
Ann
Post a Comment