we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

ALL I'm sayin is...

Well well well WHAT A DAY!  Ok so it started out fairly good.  Better than the day before I must say.  ;)  For reasons I will not brag about.  But let's just say it was a much QUIETER morning.

Life got a little loco after oh about 4pm.  Haylee was due to go to her acting class tonight at the academy and Tim was picking her up.  He calls me at about 4:30 and is furious!  Apparently Haylee decided to SNEAK a pair of scissors and her best friend Carly into the girls bathroom at school and talk Carly into CUTTING OFF HER HAIR.  Oh my gosh!  I honestly knew this would happen, but I kind of figured that she was past this stage, ya know?  5, almost 6 years old and WELL knowledgeable in the respect of CAUSE and EFFECT.  Who knew?!

So yeah, Tim...furious {that's a really low key word for it I think, LOL!}...called me and told me the whole incident.  I guess you would have to know...Haylee has been REALLY sneaky lately.  I think it's the age, but she will sneak candy and stuff into her room and I will catch her in there and I just don't like that.  She also is a HUGE follower.  So if Carly jumped off a bridge, most likely Haylee would be RIGHT behind her.  I really just hope & PRAY that this changes.  I need her to be a LEADER, not a follower.  Ughh....no one ever told me parenting was this difficult!  LOL!

I have my facebook status as "I'm soooo only having ONE kid...this one is too much to handle".  And even though I said it to be funny...sometimes it's true.  I have always said {Tim and I have always said}...TWO.  We want at least 2 kids.  But lately I am just NOT feeling ready.  I feel that life can be so complicated as it stands now, why add more complication {I know that sounds horrible...a child is NOT a complication but a BLESSING.  But anything could happen and it could be a burden.  I hope I am not coming off strong here or offending anyone...just try to understand.}.  Haylee is a great kid.  She does and will continue to make stupid decisions in life.  I will ALWAYS love her, no matter what she does.  But I just cannot picture myself with another one at this point.  Maybe in a few more years?  I know one thing, it will be when I {and Tim of course} am READY.

Sorry...I guess I needed to vent a bit.  ;) So to finish the Haylee story - Tim punished her {no tv or toys} and went to Great Clips to get a bob haircut.  From what I can tell it looks ok.  

"From what I can tell" means...I dropped Haylee off at school at 7:40am and went to work from 8am to 5:40pm and went straight to SCHOOL to finish my final project.  Until 9:30pm.  Now I am home and I should be cleaning because my friends are coming over tomorrow night for a GIRLS night at my place...but yea, I'm too tired.  ;)  Tim did mop the kitchen for me, for that I am grateful.  :)  Tomorrow on my lunch I'll come home and do the rest {not much else}.  

Tim is flying out to San Fran VERRRRRY early in the morning and Haylee and I have to take him to the airport, then come home and get ready for school & work.  Haylee has a field trip to the Zoo.  She is so stoked.  Then after school/work, my 2 girlfriends are coming over and we're going to have chicken asado and MARGARITAS!  Yay!!!!  I am SOOOOOOOO ready.  :))  We will probably play Guitar Hero and go in the hot tub.  Hopefully everything is perfect.....

Thanks for listening to me rant.  I will post a pic of Haylee's  new 'do this weekend {Tim will have the laptop while he's gone!  So Sad!  It's the only home computer we have!}.  Bye for now!

5 comments:

Monique said...

Oh no! Poor Haylee and poor Mom and Dad. Kids will be kids right? I am sure her hair is very cute. Look forward to seeing the pictures. Hope today goes a bit better.

Elizabeth said...

wow...it took me a little bit to get my jaw off the floor! I can, but can't believe this! Poor Haylee!....I know she is the one that did this to herself but I feel so bad for her...and for you guys for having to punish her! HOPEFULLY she will grow out of this stage SOON! Can't wait to see what the new do looks like!
Love, Liz

Anonymous said...

Is this what I have to look forward to??? I'm sure she looks adorable with her new cut...I can't wait to see it!
Paula

Anonymous said...

OK, where are the pictures of her new haircut. I keep checking. Hang in there, you will laugh about this one day with her. Mindy and I just had Mother's Day lunch together and it was fun to laugh about things like that! I know, not funny now, but down the road when she is all grown up and a wonderful young woman you will be able to.
Hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day!!
Love, Mrs. J

Anonymous said...

Awww...I can totally remember cutting my OWN hair when I was 4 or 5 years old! I was in SO much trouble too. I bet her new do looks super cute though! Hayden is SUCH a follower too and it drives me nuts. I've been really stressing over it lately. Not really sure how to change it. His friend Truman doesn't like cheese or strawberries so all of a sudden Hayden doesn't either! Ugh! -Mandy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers