we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

one more week!

well there is only one more week until school starts! Haylee is super excited about going into the 1st grade...she asks me everyday when school will start. her first day is Sept 4th! her first soccer game is Sept 6th and soccer pictures are Sept 7th! things are going to start heatin' up soon and we will once again be super busy. :)

this year i signed up to be "team mom" for her soccer team. thankfully there is another mom who also signed up, so we'll be doing this together. she was off work last week so she ordered the banner and stopped by Joann's to get the fabric to make the girls' hair ties. she seems super nice as does our coach this year. there are 11 little girls on the soccer team this year. the Bumble Bees! i'm excited - i have my first "team mom" meeting this week on Thurs night. yipeee!

God has also been tugging at my heart to join a women's Bible study. so (not oddly enough) one is starting up in Sept that i am going to join. it's called "a modern girls guide to Bible study" and it has a cute theme and it actually sets you up for fall, winter and next spring - so almost a year's worth of Bible studying! i'm a little nervous as i've never been to a Bible study at this church (sadly and i've been going almost 3 years now!) - - so we shall see what it has to offer.

it'll definitely be busy with homework (with Haylee), tuesday night women's Bible study, wednesday night soccer practices and saturday soccer GAMES...but hey that's what life is ALL about, right?! ;) at least i'll be WELL rounded! ha ha! i do have ALL intentions of taking Haylee & Miley on walks after we get home each day also. lately we've just been walking around the block which equals to about 1 mile if we walk it once. 1 mile doesn't sound like much, but the girls (both Haylee AND Miley) just LOVE it! it's funny if i don't feel like it, Haylee BEGS me to do it, she's my little motivator, EXACTLY what i need because otherwise i would just procrastinate. ;) hee hee!

if i remember correctly this time at work speeds up a little and then slows down immensely from Oct-Dec and then we start getting busy again. so that's nice i don't have to deal with a busy life ALL of the time. well, we will see. hopefully i remembered correctly, ha!

today i did ALOT of work around the house. the upstairs was in DESPERATE need of some tender loving care. i cleaned out closets, scrubbed toilets, washed linens that have been laying around for weeks! i got a lot done! i even took my car to the car wash...but that did not go so well. Tim and i took our cars together and mine took 30 mins longer! they were just dumb about it all. i didn't even give the guy a tip at the end because they would ignore me when i asked them how long it would take (i did bug them, but hello...Tim's car was done 30 mins before mine and we both got there the same time...unacceptable!). i felt bad, but then again everyone treated me unfairly. i just wish i could write that company and tell them how poorly it went. i'll just stick to me and Haylee washing it. she loves to do it with her momma anyway. :) and we have fun!

oh man...i'm so tired! hope you all have a great week!! this week i have to drop Miley off at the groomer's, dye my friend's hair, take Haylee to soccer practice, have a team mom meeting and i'm getting my hair cut (my two friends are coming over and my hair stylist is going to cut all three of our hair, yipeee!).

oh yeah...did i mention that i'll be taking a trip to Mexico next month to help build a house? :) oh yes....it's going to be a busy fall for me!! yay! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! YES! Melissa, I encourage you to join the bible study group!!!! You will not regret it for a moment! I promise you:)
I have been praying for this for you.
I am starting a new women's ministry at our church call "Rejuvinate!!!" and I am doing a new women's bible study on Monday nights called Fingerprints of God!!!!! I can't wait. We will be starting in September! I also want to do 2 special events for the young women of the church by the end of the year. I have some really special things in mind.
The women's bible studies that I have been in over the past 20 or so years have been some of the most meaningful times in my life.
Don't be afraid. I know you will really gain so much from it once you really get used to the ladies in your group.
I am praying for you.
I love you. You know that!
Mrs. Jones
p.s. I have something right on my desk that I have been meaning to get off in the mail to you! I will try to get it out this week!

Anonymous said...

YES! YES! Melissa, I encourage you to join the bible study group!!!! You will not regret it for a moment! I promise you:)
I have been praying for this for you.
I am starting a new women's ministry at our church call "Rejuvinate!!!" and I am doing a new women's bible study on Monday nights called Fingerprints of God!!!!! I can't wait. We will be starting in September! I also want to do 2 special events for the young women of the church by the end of the year. I have some really special things in mind.
The women's bible studies that I have been in over the past 20 or so years have been some of the most meaningful times in my life.
Don't be afraid. I know you will really gain so much from it once you really get used to the ladies in your group.
I am praying for you.
I love you. You know that!
Mrs. Jones
p.s. I have something right on my desk that I have been meaning to get off in the mail to you! I will try to get it out this week!

Melissa De Mers said...

good to hear from you Mrs. J! i've missed you!! thank you for your words of encouragement...i really want to do this Bible study. of course i am nervous, but i know in the end God will bless me. :) i need mid-day encouragement from positive people so i'm really excited to see what this has to offer!

you are too sweet, i can't wait to see what you have to mail me...i hope you are doing well, it sure sounds like you are keeping busy with the ministries, that is AMAZING!!!!

love ya
melissa

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers