we are for eachother: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph. --ee cummings

the best cookies *EVER*

ok so since i was confined to the house all day {i don't know how i was EVER a stay-at-home mom now that i've been in this house ALL day!}...i decided to make my fall/winter cookies because people at work have been requesting i make them.

i promise you - if you love peanut butter and snickers candy bars as much as i do...you are going to be in HEAVEN with these cookies! i am going to share the intense recipe with you so that you can pass on the *love* to your friends & family! ;)

ok here it is...you ready? first you will need to make a grocery trip {or a Target trip in the grocery aisle as i always do...hee hee}. for these cookies i wouldn't recommend any other peanut butter cookie recipe {even home made, i've tried them like that and they do not taste the same for some reason!} - OTHER than the Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix that comes in the package. For those VISUAL people...here is what the package looks like:
you are also going to want to buy either a bag of Snickers MINI's or if the store doesn't have that, you can just get the bag of Snickers FUN size and cut them in half. :) the ONLY thing you need to make the cookies is 1 tbsp of water, 3 tbsp of oil & 1 egg, just so you know.

i always make the cookie mix according to the package and make sure you mix it good so there are no clumps of mix...that's a good tip. ;) then you are going to take some mix in your hand (yes, you will get messy...) and roll it into a ball, flatten it out, take the Snicker MINI (or the cut in half FUN size Snicker bar) and place it in the smack middle of the flatten cookie mix. then you are going to fold up the sides and on top until there is no Snickers bar showing. i fill up a cookie tray of about 16 cookies, bake according to package (375 at 8 and a half minutes is what i always do, you want them to still look SOFT and gooey when they come out of the oven). i always use the shortest time and add 30 more seconds...come to think of it, i don't know why, but they ALWAYS come out soooooo perfect that i dare not mess with something that's not "broken". Ha ha!

make sure you put the cookies on a cooling rack once they've cooled down on the baking sheet for about 3 mins. when you bite into one for the first time you may think you have died and gone to Heaven. seriously. i've had 3 already today. i baked a little over 4 dozen today! i am taking almost 2 dozen to work tomorrow {if Haylee is better by then!} and i'm sure within 2 hours my cookies will be devoured. :) i think you ought to try 'em. let me know what you think...

3 comments:

Brandy's Adventure said...

Ok. I am soooo trying these. Just a question and you might think it's dumb, but are they melty? Meaning if they get hot, they would melt all over the place? Steve loves Snickers and peanut butter, so I thought about making these and sending them to him. It's still hot over there and I don't want them to be ruined before he gets them though. What do you think?
I really like the bows you made by the way! Those are too cute. I am not such a crafty person, but wish I could be!
Well, back to the Brown's game! This is an awesome game.
I hope Haylee is feeling better for you to go back to work. I don't know what I am going to do when I have to return to work again- outside of the house that is....lol.

Elizabeth said...

Wowza girl...did you think of this all by your self? They sound REALLY good! I think I'll be makin' up a batch! Thanks for the great recipe! I really hope Haylee is getting better! Poor baby! Give her big hugs and kisses for me!
Love,
Liz

Anonymous said...

These cookies sound YUMMY. My hubby would be in heaven! I'm going to have to make them soon:)
thanks for sharing

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers